Wednesday, July 22, 2009

*FRAGRANCE MEMORIES*

My aunt Ruth is the beginning of my love for fragrance............she had this gorgeous tray of beautiful colored bottles of her fragrance on display in her bathroom. She never owned just one bottle, she owned 35 of them (or more). As a little girl, and I mean little, when my Mom would take me to visit, I loved looking at that beautiful display. All different colors of gorgeous bottles with the mirror enhancing their sparkling colors. She said she was a 'woman of many moods' and needed different fragrances to enhance that day's mood. She was always the 'eccentric' aunt, and I adored her. During the Bicentennial year in Dayton, Ohio, she wore a red, white and blue wig to the Dayton Mall as a sign of her patriotism. She fed every bird for miles in her backyard. She had a host of cats and dogs, but her house was always immaculate. She even had a flying squirrel that had a huge cage and it's own bedroom. She had funerals and buried each and every animal at a pet cemetary and visited them as you would any grave. Gosh, I miss her so, just remembering her. Everyone says I take after her, I hope I do......she started my love of fragrance and I will always love her.

No comments: