Monday, June 15, 2009

*A Memorable Tundra Night*


Last night, after my shower, I sat on my chaise and prepared to watch the premiere of True Blood, a series much anticipated. I felt comfortable and refreshed after my shower and felt very content.
The weather is still somewhat cool here in the Tundra compared to the rest of the country. Nightfall was approaching and there were thunderstorm warnings. I had my patio door and living room windows open for the night breeze. Earlier in the day, I had planted two containers of Clematis on my patio with fresh earth and applied wood mulch to the base of the plants to protect the roots.
We didn't have thunderstorms, but suddenly I could hear one of my favorite sounds - the night breeze rustling through the forest of trees behind my condo. This breeze brought in the scent of freshly planted earth and mulch as well as the scent of approaching cool rain, rain that began to fall softly.
Is there anything better than this lovely fragrance? This combination of sensory awareness was zen-like and memorable. The lovely fragrance, the perfect night, the feel of fresh air on my skin and the sound of the rustling leaves..................next to Heaven.

No comments: